Monday, July 2, 2012

Terrible weather = not much gardening

Since my last post there has been non-stop rain so I have done very little gardening.  I put some flowers into pots at the weekend and I emptied a bag of potatoes that I thought looked like it had early blight.

I love digging up potatoes, and they were delicious.


Other than that I've been eating strawberries and blackcurrants.  The squash has been flowering (never two flowers at once though so I'm not too hopeful of fruit), the tomato plants are flowering and some of my peas are starting to flower.  

It has just been on the news that this has been the coldest June since 1991 and has had double the average rainfall so it is not surprising that the garden is looking a bit sorry for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...