Sunday, March 18, 2012

Frost & forgetfulness

This has been a lovely weekend with clear skies and lots of sunshine.  I got lots of weeding done (I'm trying to remove the cabbage sized dandelions from the patio).  I moved four of my sunflower plants into large troughs intending to harden them off, unfortunately, I forgot to bring them in (talk about falling at the first hurdle!) so the poor things were out all night in the frost.  They are looking a little unhappy but hopefully they'll pull through.

Last weekend I planted some celeriac, artichoke, and asparagus seeds, none of them are showing any signs of life yet but my leek and swedes are looking healthy.  In the garden some of my garlic has broken through and a few of my broccoli seeds have sprouted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...