Saturday, February 11, 2012

Busy day

I got so much done today.  I went to B&Q and bought a new fork, it's a 'proper' fork and I am ridiculously pleased with it (my £3.99 one bent on the first day - not entirely surprising).  It is a Joseph Bentley fork and it looks like a solid, old fashioned tool.  I feel like I know what I'm doing when I'm using it.  Now I just have to make sure not to bend it.


I also got  four bags of manure, five 30 litre grow bags which were down to £1 each and a kiwi fruit plant for £4.50 since it was last year's stock.  There is some healthy new growth on it so I think it will do fine, I've been stalking those kiwi plants for about 9 months waiting on them being reduced so it was a very successful trip.

After lunch I single dug the left bed and dug half of the manure into it.  I then covered it all with damp cardboard and put compost on top.  It looks great and is all ready for planting.

I've done about half of the right bed (the easy half of it where there are no roots to pull up) if I can get out tomorrow morning I'll try to dig up some more of the tree roots in the difficult end of the right bed.  The earth is much more healthy in this bed than on the other side of the garden which is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...