Monday, February 6, 2012

Planting more seeds

Yesterday turned out nice, well, dry and clear at least so I dug up loads of tree roots from the left veg bed and dug over all of the earth.  I put our new compost bin on top of the old tree stump and used the gritty earth to build up the level beneath the compost bin and a slab in front of it.  I'll get some manure at the weekend and dig it into the ground then put a mulch down on top and then I'll call that bed done!

http://www.sankeygrowyourown.co.uk
In the evening I planted some Cauliflower and Leek seeds in seed trays and two varieties of sunflower in my newspaper pots.

I need to get rid of a lot of old crazy paving slabs, it's going to mean many trips to the dump but at least I can collect some free compost (and perhaps old cardboard) while I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...