Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day off - all the slabs are up!

I have a mid-week day off today for my son's birthday and it is a beautiful day to be outside.  One of those lovely cloudless winter days with lots of sunshine.  We went for a walk in the morning and I bought two small bags of cheap seedling compost and three seed trays so that I can plant more seeds soon.


While the little one was having his afternoon snooze I did some work in the garden.  It was cold but I was lifting the last of the slabs so I had to take my jacket off.  It's very true that "if you're cold you're not working hard enough"!


I didn't spend long on the slabs, when my son got up from his nap we played in the garden and he had a lot of fun digging with his plastic spade where I had loosened the earth already.


I now have all of the slabs removed from my veg beds but the slabs are in big piles on the patio.  I'll need to take them to the dump in batches when I'm collecting free compost.  It'll be heavy work and I'm not looking forward to it.


After dinner the local paper arrived so I started making last week's paper into origami plant pots.  After a few false starts I made a dozen and transplanted the biggest of my tomato seedlings into them.


A very productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...