Saturday, May 19, 2012

Global market day

The global market was in town last weekend so we bought some new plants for the garden.  I got a big basket of Strawberries, a Hibiscus and a Fuschia.  The Hibiscus and Fuschia will fill in some gaps in the flower bed and the Strawberry basket is to replace the strawberries that I had growing on the ground before the rabbit ate them all up.

I got almost nothing done in the garden other than planting my purchases and pulling up a few weeds.  On Sunday it rained so heavily I didn't go outside once and then I went away for work for a few days.

Things are really starting to happen in the garden, here are some photos I took last weekend.  (I'll do a post for this weekend later).
Purple sprouting broccoli - beautiful colours

The cherry tree has set fruit

My first sunflower is nearly here

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...